On my birthday, I felt like Queen for the Day with all the cards, emails and phone calls that I received. Thanks to each of you for remembering me. I share an October birthday with many of my old (guess former is a better word) classmates and I want to wish each of you a big Happy Birthday, as well. I'm sorry to say, that specific dates elude my memory, but I think of all of you during October. Sure as I start to name names, I'll forget someone and be in real trouble.
After getting the latest results from my blood tests, we returned home from Pocatello on Friday. Let's just say that the treatments failed and the cancer has spread into my liver, bone marrow, and lymph nodes. The Dr. suggested that I might try going to Germany for the additional heat treatment, but the 10-hour trip would just be too much and probably wouldn't change the end result anyway. So, I choose to just come home enjoy my family and friends for whatever time I have left.
Now that I've been off the treatments for a couple of days, I'm actually feeling better. I have a little more energy and haven't be nauseated as much. Last night, I celebrated by having pizza and a little diet coke! Tasted wonderful! My kids all came and helped us clean the trailer and pulled out all the dead flowers from the flower beds. They are just the greatest kids and I can't praise them enough. And, no, I'm not prejudiced. I'm so grateful that we have some time to just focus on all the important things like love, friendship, and memories. They want to have our annual pumpkin carving party next weekend so the grandkids and I can have a time together. We all carve pumpkins, then line them up outside and light them. It's quite a sight! I'll take some pictures and post after next weekend. This year, Angie is making sugar cookies so each child can decorate one (or more). Then we have hot soup, etc. It's always been an event that we look forward to each year.
So, family and friends, I hope to see most of you again--soon. If not, I'll be waiting for you when we have our reunion on the other side. Just think of the reunion I'll be having here in a short while--my parents, grandparents, siblings and many friends. I pray that I have lived the kind of life that will enable me to meet my maker without too many regrets. I wouldn't have choosen to leave right now, but guess we don't always get to chose, do we. It pains me a great deal to leave Brent and my family.
Love, Jinny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I seriously cant believe that my grammy is not here anymore. It has almost been a year its gone by so fast. I can't even tell you how much I think about her and miss her. The only thing that keeps me from not crying every day is that I know we will be together again and that Bently will get to see her great Grandma again. I love you so much grandma I hope you are so happy now. We all miss you and love you. You will never be forgotten.
I can't believe it has almost been a year. I miss being able to contact her and send jokes...when I find a good one I have been known to send it tho. Miss you Jinny....Carol Jean
nice pict, thanks for sharing
https://www.cekaja.com/info/rekomendasi-obat-sakit-tenggorokan-di-apotik
Post a Comment