Other than my own family and my parents, the two people who have influenced my life, probably more than any one else, has been my sister, Stella, and her husband, Grant Watson. They have been an island in the middle of the storm for Brent & I and our family many, many times.
When our mother died in 1977, Stella very quickly took over the mother role in our family. Each one of us turned to her for comfort and/or advice more than once. She always gives of herself, opens her doors to anyone in need, and shares whatever she has. She has fostered many young people and helped them through difficult times. And, Grant has always been right there beside her with an open heart.
Many years ago, Stella and I discovered that we are as close to twins as two sisters can be despite the eight years that separate us. We can and do read each others thoughts, show up at social functions dressed almost alike, etc., etc. We share confidences that we don't share with anyone else including our husbands (sorry Brent & Grant). We even feel what the other is feeling. When Stella learned of my illness, she said that she felt like half of her was being torn away.
The four of us have traveled and shared so many wonderful experiences over the past few years. They have owned travel trailers for many years and invited us to go with them on several trips. Once Brent & I discovered how much fun it was, we signed on the dotted line and bought our first fifth-wheel. Since then, the four of us have covered almost every state between Texas and the West Coast. We have been fortunate enough to be able to accompany them "Snow Birding" to Yuma, AZ each winter for a month or so. We also took a Caribbean cruise and took the fall foliage tour through Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachussetts (one of our favorite trips). We weren't nearly through traveling yet, so I have to get better very soon.
Since I became ill, Stella has been by my side almost daily. I don't know what I would have done without her. I call her my "slave for the day," as she takes over all the household tasks plus cooks and nurses me. When her time comes to return to Heavenly Father, she will be welcomed with a host of singing angels and a huge celebration as she has certainly earned her place there. I would feel much better about my own homecoming had I lived as exemplary a life as she has.
Thank you, Stella and Grant, for your love, devotion and the example you are to so many. Words cannot express my love for you two and your family. We hope to be able to create many, many more wonderful memories.
Love, Jinny

No comments:
Post a Comment