Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Again, our thanks goes to all of you who have read the blog and then emailed or called us. I don't know what I have done to deserve all the love and concern that you continue to show.

Last weekend was three of the best days of my life. We had many, many family members and friends visit us. After a few initial tears, the rest of the time was spent reminiscing, laughing and having a wonderful visit. Each night, I was on an adrenalin rush! Thanks to all of you who helped make that weekend so special. I'll be writing more about those visits later.

Today is the third day that I have now been on the "brew." It keeps my family busy just keeping all the organic fruits and veggies on hand and then preparing it each day. We have experimented on the best way for me to get everything taken in forms that I can tolerate. We make about 24 oz. of pure, organic vegetable and fruit juice a day. I found that if we just mix 6 oz. of the juice and all of the other stuff in with it, I can just chug the nasty brew down without taking a breath so I don't taste it. It's pretty terrible tasting! Then the rest of the day, I can just have the good-tasting juices. I get very hungry (a good sign) for normal foods, so we're also experimenting on some recipes using the whole foods. Any of you who may have some good recipes that contain no sugar, whole or refined grains, dairy products (including soy and whey), or refined anything, PLEASE email them to us. That pretty much leaves cardboard, right? But, as I said, anybody can do anything for a day; and that's how I take this--just a day at a time.

During the past week, I have only had three days that I haven't felt quite as well. I am pretty much pain free because of the block I had; and the bloating is all but gone. Other than getting easily tired, I think we're all excited that I'm doing so well. On Friday, I have an appt. with the oncologist who will then order a PET scan. Then we'll know exactly where the cancer is, etc.

That's about all for today.
Love, Jinny & Brent

3 comments:

Grandma Sandy said...

Thanks for setting up the blog, I have never blogged before so I'm learning something new again, thank goodness the girls here at work are so nice to me, to help me. I Love the picture and what you said, Your strength is helping all of us. I again want to thank you for helping me with the trip, How will I ever be able to pay you back??? I love the emails too, I need to get back to work before I get caught sending this message, I love you so much, and Again Thank You So Much. Sandra

Ashli Paynter said...

Grandma I am so glad you are blogging about all of this. I check every day to see if you wrote any new up dates. I love you so much Grandma it brakes my heart to know that you don't feel well some days, but I am so happy to hear you are feeling some what better. I want you to know how much I love you Grandma and Grandpa too. You two are in our thoughts,hearts, and prayers.

Ashley said...

Thank you for the updates. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep posting.
Ashley and Huggie